

These tissue poms have been a thorn in my side, but after several attempts I'm pretty happy with the end result. It became a project I couldn't give up on.
This time last year...

As Raegan's birthday approached, we decided to start a few birthday traditions. I made a birthday box like the one I had as a child. It's just a file box wrapped in colorful paper with the lid wrapped separately. I bought Happy Birthday to You! by Dr. Seuss and plan to write a note in each year and read the book to her. I don't know how long that tradition will last, since she will probably think it's lame by the time she's 11 or 12. (If you know from experience that it's going to be way sooner than that, don't tell me). When she gets older I'll just read it to her while she's sleeping so she can't roll her eyes at me. I also made a birthday banner that I hope to use for a long time. It ended up being a more involved project than I initially realized, but it was worth it. I got the idea from Lacy's blog, and she was kind enough to post a link to a Word document to help you get started on your own banner. I felt tears welling up as I picked out a birthday card at Target. Yes, I realize she can't read yet, but it will be a keepsake.
We got her a few small gifts: Baby Stella doll, a duck bath mitt to use as a puppet, animal magnets, a puzzle, and a lift-the-flap puppy book. She loves the doll and hugged it all night. It has a magnetic pacifier, and Raegan knew to put the pacifier on the baby's mouth.
The Fire Marshal presided over the lit candle
she had a little bit of cake and licked her plate clean
More, please!
At 12 months:
- signs more, eat, milk, help, all done
- seems to favor her left hand
- not allowed to watch TV, but would like to :)
- has 8 teeth
- enjoys a variety of food and doesn't refuse anything unless she's full
- favorites foods are yogurt, cheese, avocados, baked macaroni and cheese, Puffs
- had no colds, ear infections, or other illnesses - let's keep it up!
- so far has not shown a fear of strangers that is typical of this age - my mom said I was the same way
- smiles at people when we are in public, even if they don't acknowledge her
- very sweet and loving towards us and her stuffed animals
- has flown 3 times roundtrip
- loves babies
- walks everywhere
- puts a spoonful of food in her mouth but doesn't scoop yet
- skin is doing great!
- first boo-boo was a minor cut on her lip (no stitches), one week shy of 12 months
- loves to be outside
- getting a big girl car seat as soon as we get back from our trip

No comments:
Post a Comment