Yellow Gray

Friday, May 29, 2009

Show Us Where You Live - Nursery



   I have seen this weekly home tour featured on several blogs lately, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to show our nursery, since that's the theme of the week. I'm bothered that it's not finished, but I'm waiting on a couple of things being shipped... apparently on a snail's back.       
   The room was an interesting space to work with because it is considered to be a loft, without four solid walls or its own door. It is an open space at the top of our staircase that would also be great for an office or a bonus room. We had a lot of fun putting her room together. Neither of us wanted a "theme room" so we chose neutral bedding and other accessories that don't scream "baby." The bedding is neutral so that it can be used again and still be appropriate if the next child is a boy. I ordered it 6 weeks ago and it's still not here! It is supposedly on back order and should be here in the next few days... we'll see. I ordered just the dust ruffle and bumper. 


   We decided to paint the only solid wall since we couldn't find a clear stopping point on other walls. I'm glad we did because the paint color would have been too much in the whole room. The modern furniture fits in nicely with the rest of our house, and I love clean lines.The round mirror set came from Target and I ordered colored wall decals from Leen the Graphics Queen on etsy to go behind them. We added a mirror and floating shelf (both Target) above the changing table. The changer did not have space on top for supplies to be displayed, so we added the shelf for wipes, etc. All of her casual clothes are washed and ready to go! 

   The wicker rocker was my parents' and I think it will be great for the nursery since it has a cup holder for a bottle, and space to put books and blankets in the other arm rest. The cushions are still being covered and will be a textured neutral. The storage ottoman is also from Target. 

   The alphabet print is from Penny People Designs on etsy and can be customized with the baby's name if you'd like. I was hoping it would be here by now. I plan to put it in a neutral wood frame like the one pictured. I think it will be a nice change from all of the dark wood. 

   I hope you enjoyed the tour. We're just waiting on a little girl to arrive in 4 weeks! 

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Cute room! I'm sure she will love it once she arrives!

Courtney said...

I love it Dana! Such different colors, and the theme looks great. Can't wait until she gets here!